fruits high in fiber

7 Fruits High in Fiber That You Should Eat Regularly

Fruits high in fiber should be part of your meal regularly as it boosts metabolism and helps maintain your weight in the long run. Because they are one of the most indispensable sources of fiber. In order to include fiber in your diet, you can cultivate the habit of consuming fiber-rich fruits regularly; by doing so, one can surely sense an advancement in his health. Fruits high in fiber are a sure way to elevate your endurance in an unnoticeable manner.

Fruits High in Fiber
Fruits high in fiber. Source: Medical News Today

Fibers can further be categorized into two types of fiber, i.e., soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. The soluble fiber can easily be dissolved in water, while the insoluble fiber is indivisible.

The consumption of fiber in an adequate amount is vital, as it aids optimal health and advances the function of healthy bacteria in the digestive system. Besides this, certain types of fibers can also help you to lose weight. Generally, doctors recommend a daily intake of 25 grams of fiber for women and 48 grams for men.

List of fruits high in fiber


Pear is one of the richest sources of fiber. It is an edible fruit produced by the pear tree, which is elongated towards the stem. The fruit is yellowish-green in color. This fruit is highly packed with healthy antioxidants, vitamins, and potassium. It is a great source of detoxification, as it contains a high amount of water content. The pear fruit not only provides various benefits to the body, but it also tastes delicious.
The fiber content is 5.5 grams (for a medium-sized pear), 3.1 grams per 100 grams.


An avocado is basically a single-seeded fruit with a huge pear-like shape. Undoubtedly, avocado is one of the most exclusive fruits, it is highly nutritious and contains a rich amount of potassium. Avocados are a prominent source of fiber that contribute widely to weight loss and lower the risk of many other diseases. Approximately 25% of the fiber in avocado is soluble, while the other 75% is insoluble.
However, the fiber content in an avocado is 6.7 grams per 100 grams.


Bananas are one of the most nutritious fruits high in fiber. It consists of a wide content of Vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium. A banana is usually found as an elongated edible fruit, but another variety of bananas are also found, which is green in color, containing a generous amount of fiber.
It has a fiber content of 2.6 grams per 100 grams.


Strawberries can be identified as one of the most aromatic fruits which are bright red and have a juicy texture. They are not only delicious, but they do contain a high amount of nutritional value too. The fruit is highly packed with the goodness of Vitamin C, manganese and other healthy antioxidants.

Strawberries. Source: Healthline

This fruit contains 2 grams of fiber per 100 grams.


It is aptly quoted, “ an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This fruit is tremendously loaded with all the benefits of nutrients. An apple is a red-colored fruit and has a sweet taste. It is a good source of vitamin C, containing polyphenols which have copious health benefits. The Apple fruit is high in soluble fiber, which lowers down the level of cholesterol in the body. Apple stands foremost when it comes to fruits high in fiber.
The fiber content in apples is 2.4 grams per 100 grams.


Strong-flavored and highly nutritious, raspberries are loaded with the goodness of Vitamin C and manganese. Raspberries have a juicy texture along with rich colors. They are also a good source of minerals and antioxidants. Raspberries provide numerous health benefits.
A 100 grams full cup of raspberries contains 6.5 grams of fiber.

Raspberry. Source: Healthline


High nutritional value but low in calories, blueberries provide various health benefits. The fruit is high in fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Blueberries are often termed as the king of antioxidants, as they provide a myriad of health benefits. If you wish to elevate your heart and mental health, then you must effort in adding blueberries to your regular diet.
1 cup of blueberries contains 4 grams of fiber.


Dietary fiber is essential for regular bowel movements and the digestive health of the human body. Fiber makes you feel fuller for a long period which naturally leads to a less amount of calorie intake. And can aid in the improvement of cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Fruits that contain high fiber play a vital role in the prevention of severe diseases, such as bowel cancer, diabetes, etc. To add further, fruits high in fiber provide plentiful other health benefits too, such as lowering the risk of heart disease and to maintain healthy body weight.

Researches claim that one should eat fruits high in fiber regularly in order to prevent constipation. To bring fiber-rich fruits in one’s diet, it is recommended to eat these fruits as a snack.

Leave a Comment